Wednesday, May 7, 2008

The History of The Classic

Layton, Utah's Premier 5k, 10k Road Race
Saturday, September 13, 2008

This year will be year number 24 for The Classic. The race was started to raise funds for a fellow employee who had a heart attack. The event starting from only a few friends quickly developed into a community fundraiser for heart services. After 22 years of supporting the event, The Standard-Examiner handed the event to Intermountain McKay-Dee Hospital. While Intermountain has made some dramatic changes to the race, the cause remains the same - to benefit heart services in the northern Utah area.

Come join The Classic in raising funds to benefit heart services in the northern Utah area. The Classic is an event for all ages and abilities. Our sponsors help to put on an event that is both family friendly and challenging - not to mention full of participant benefits (ie we've got great prizes)!

This year the race will start and finish at Layton Commons Park in Layton, Utah, right next to Layton High School and Layton Surf N' Swim at 8:00 a.m.

For information contact Jeremy Holt at 801.387.7754.

2 comments:

Debbie and Lane said...

The Classic Race is a wonderful event, great course and excellent support and volunteers. If you're looking for a fun Saturday run - this is IT!

Anonymous said...

I have never participated in a race before, and actually, I've never really ran at all!! But, helping at the Classic Race booth at the Expo sparked my interest in running. I've never really been a fan, but talking to Debbie, Breein, and Jeremy, about running and hearing them talk about how much they enjoy it, made me want to give it a try.
I would really like to get back into shape, and I have decided that running just might be my solution. It's convenient and I can bring my little guy with me by pushing him in his jogging stroller!
So... I have decided to participate in The Classic Race. My goal is to lose weight and feel better by eating healthy, going to the gym more, and running. Running The Classic, will help me reach my goals by giving me something to train for.
Come participate in The Classic Race! It will be lots of fun and you can see if I make it!!